Topic: Survey fields - licence and attribution fields

It would be useful if we could enter:

1) the licence under which data is made available

and

2) an attribution statement

against a survey.

I would envisage 1) being a drop down list of terms (a la Type) and 2) being a free text field (a memo field a la Description)

For us, 1) isn't mandatory as we currently use tags to store this information, but it would be more useful if this were attached the survey so it can be used when transferring data.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Survey fields - licence and attribution fields

(Just bumping this up in case you missed it Mike)

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Thanks.    I have added it to the list of developments to be considered.  It would be possible to add a new tab.  The 'Private' field request could go on the same  tab. 

Would anyone else think these fields useful or have a request for other fields. Adding new fields to the database stops data being transferred to earlier versions of R6, so it would be best to make any changes required in one release.

Mike Weideli

It would be a useful feature.

We currently use tags in a limited way to try and achieve this but that of course is limited to the survey rather than individual records.

I also notice that this field is now included (though not apparently yet being used?) in the Indicia warehouse, future compatibility might be something to consider?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

I think I may be able to do this, but it would be a fairly big job for me so I am checking with John van Breda  to see if he can see any problems.

Mike Weideli

If there are any funding issues, let us know Mike.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Implemented in 6.26

Mike Weideli