Topic: Using the Page type "Report Map"

We need to create a map of the occurrences  of a survey, whereby the grids on the map are clickable to show the related details collected. Unfortunately we have been unable to obtain the results on to the map.

We have set options such as:

Report Name: Map a survey's occurrences
Preset Parameter Values: survey_id={###}
Output Mode: Include a parameters form and output
Click to query map: Display output in popup

Do you know what it is we could be missing for us to get back the occurrences from the survey? Should we have filled in "Columns displayed on click", and if so what format should these key-value pairs be? I've hopefully attached the Report Map Settings for any more info if this helps.

Thank you!

Re: Using the Page type "Report Map"

Hi

Can you just do a quick check with browser tools to look for network traffic. I have a recollection of others having problems with Ajax requests not getting through.

Jim Bacon.

3 (edited by LiamDevClub 14-06-2016 16:26:16)

I'm afraid there is no error in the console. We've had a look at all the requests in Fiddler and all seem to be 200 or 204.

I believe I may have now attached the image of the Report Map Settings if that helps.

Post's attachments

ReportMapSettings.jpg 188.82 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi

Okay, next thing to check is how you are using the map. If you go to click a point on the map and you see the 4-way pan arrows appear and can drag the map about then you need to switch mode. In the map toolbar click on the icon which looks like a speech bubble with a question mark in it. Now what happens when you click a marker on the map?

For me, the marker changed to red and a console error appeared to say OpenLayers.Popup did not exist. The OpenLayers library used by default is a cut down version and it clearly does not include the popup class. To overcome this I enabled the Indicia OpenLayers module. Then, at admin/config/iform/settings,  I switched "Type of OpenLayers.js file used" from "IForm Custom Build" to "Official Minimised Version".

I then returned to my map, selected the query mode from the toolbar, clicked on a marker and a popup appeared.

Jim Bacon.