Topic: How to record certainty of a record

Hi,

I'm setting up the verification process on my site. I see that the filter on the Verification 3 form filters on verification status and on certainty (Certain; Certain or likely; Uncertain or better). I have also noticed that there is a column in cache_occurrences called certainty and in my database the values in that field are all NULL as I haven't set up any form to record this.

So, my question is - how/where do I set this up in a data entry e.g Sample with occurrences? In my warehouse I could add a termlist and then a custom attribute, and add that to my form, but this would (presumably) not then be recognised as the certainty field to be used by the verification filter. What is the 'proper' way?

Thanks, Alice

Re: How to record certainty of a record

Hi Alice
When you set up an attribute, you can choose the "System function" to tell Indicia what you are intending to use the attribute for. So, you first need to set your occurrence attribute to "Certainty of the record accuracy". In this particular case there is an extra step - if you use a lookup attribute with a termlist, then set the sort order of the terms to tell Indicia what they mean. If the sort order is < 100, then Indicia will assume the term can be considered to mean "Certain". Less than 200 means it is likely, and >= 200 means it is uncertain. So you can have as many terms as you want but internally Indicia only understands these 3 states. The default term list I set up for this is:
Certain (sort order 1)
Likely (sort order 100)
Uncertain (sort order 200)

Best wishes
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks, John, that's working. I didn't realise that's how the "System function" option works.

Related to that - how do I change the options in the filter list for the certainty filter so that they are mutually exclusive? i.e. certain/likely/uncertain as separate categories. At the moment you can't, for example, select only records which are marked as uncertain. I can't find it in the prebuilt_forms or reports_for_prebuilt_forms.

Alice

I worked out how to change the certainty filter to have mutually exclusive categories. In case it helps anyone, in verification_list_3.xml you can change:

<!--
    <param name='certainty' display='and record was' datatype='lookup'
        lookup_values='C:Certain,L:Certain or likely,U:Uncertain or better' >
      <modifiers>
        <where value="C" operator="equal">(o.certainty = 'C' or o.certainty is null)</where>
        <where value="L" operator="equal">(o.certainty in ('C','L') or o.certainty is null)</where>
      </modifiers>
-->

To:

<param name='certainty' display='and record was' datatype='lookup'
        lookup_values='C:Certain,L:Likely,U:Uncertain' >
      <modifiers>
        <where value="C" operator="equal">(o.certainty = 'C')</where>
        <where value="L" operator="equal">(o.certainty = 'L')</where>
        <where value="U" operator="equal">(o.certainty ='U' or o.certainty is null)</where>
      </modifiers>