Topic: Delete duplicate taxon occurrences?

I have the Obs Keys for 1,100 duplicate Taxon Occurrences. How can I delete these and also ensure that there are no Samples without occurrences and no Survey-Event with 'hanging' Samples?

Re: Delete duplicate taxon occurrences?

Oops, I should have stated that all 1,100 are in the same Survey.

How are these identified ?  Have you a report with the TOCC keys or is it some other way ? There is a Batch Update  (Del 7) which will delete records from a list of Taxon_Occurrence_keys in a csv fiole and  tidy up. It is attached, but please make sure you backup and check the results carefully as it was a while ago it was first  made available.

Post's attachments

JNCCDel7Record.zip 1.38 kb, 8 downloads since 2016-04-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Mike Weideli

I used the Report Wizard and selected the Obs Key under Observation Metadata. Is this correct? If so, I have list of keys saved as Excel file. How do I proceed?

In excel change the name of the Obs Key column to Taxon_Occurrence_Key. Save the file as a csv file.  Load the Batch Update see http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6266 for instructions. The Update (Del 7) will appear under  menu 'Delete'. You will need to select the csv file and it should then delete the records.  Please make sure that you have backup before proceeding  and check the results carefully.   In case of problems restore from backup and let me know.

Mike Weideli

When I tried to run the update, no prompt to do a backup. How do I proceed?