Topic: Dataset licences

I've just read in the latest NBN eNews that it is now possible to assign a licence type to a dataset.

https://data.nbn.org.uk/api/taxonDatasets doesn't appear to have been modified to provide this information though?

Is there a way via web-services to discover which licence applies to each downloaded record so that we can know how each record may be used?

Keith

Re: Dataset licences

A filter option of some sort would also be useful on this.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

The dataset licence stuff is in the dataset resource,  /api/dataset/{id}, you can filter datasets by type of licence like so /api/datasets/licenced/CC-BY

Current licences are CC0, CC-BY, CC-BY-NV and OGL, you cannot however get directly to the dataset licence from the records themselves, only through the dataset metadata. Currently its not documented and as much as I dislike leaving it that way I don't have enough time to do the documentation fully right now.

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

that's great cheers Matt.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Thanks Matt. Seems to work fine. I'm tagging each record successfully according to its dataset licence.

Keith