Topic: Determination Comments

Please could the length of this field be extended - I think it is limited to 100 characters, but this is far too short for the comments of our verifiers so they often get cut off. Although we keep the original comments, this means that useful information is lost in Recorder.

Phil

Re: Determination Comments

Not sure what you are referring to here. Is it one  of the Batch updates which uses a CSV file? The limit of a field size is 100 characters in a csv file.

Mike Weideli

I have checked and yes it is not a problem with Recorder itself, it comes from the batch update which uses a csv file to 'Create new determination based on spreadsheet' or LCValidation1.

Is there any way around this issue? I think it is a major problem with this batch update as verifier comments are being cut off at 100 characters.

Sorry there is no easy answer to this. The problem occurs when the csv data is loaded into a temporary  table so there is nothing to work with in xml reports. It is something I have thought worth dealing with  for years, but I understand  that it isn't something that can be fixed easily. As no one else has raised the issue it has been given a low priority. Time, I think,  to look at it again.

Mike Weideli

I have now worked out what is involved. Doesn't look too difficult to me and looking to make the change in 6.24 which hopefully will not be too far away.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike.

Was any progress made with this? It is still causing me problems when using the create new determination batch update.

Thanks

The length was increased in v6.24 to 255 characters. Batch Updates which use csv files would need changing to allocate  255 characters to the field.   

R6 v 6.24 Release notes say

Mantis 212- Development – With XML Reports and Batch Updates  the field size limit for csv files  has been increased to 255 characters. Also the files may now contain single quotes.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike. Looking at the batch update then, if I change the following bits -

<CSVColumn name = "Verifier_Comments" datatype="VarChar" size="100"   />

and

@comment varchar(100)

from 100 to 255, then that should fix it?

Yes. That is all that needs to be done.

Mike Weideli