Re: Departure of Sarah Shaw

All,
Just before Chinese whispers go too far I wanted to let you all know that, sadly, Sarah Shaw will be leaving JNCC on the 11th of April. She and her partner have opted to spend an extended period of time rolling around Europe in their camper van generally having something she calls fun.

I am sure you all appreciate the enormous effort that Sarah has put into the Recorder project over the last two years - though I feel none of you more so than me. There is no doubt in my mind that she has been the primary force behind transforming Recorder 6 into something that I think we have serious chance of making a great success of. To say that the job is not easy is an understatement - as the role is generally where all the problems, frustrations etc come to rest and Sarah has done magnificently in bearing all of this as well as pushing things forward.

I hope you will join me in thanks her for all her efforts.
Best wishes
Steve

Well it's a tremendous loss for the Recorder project but Sarah's tireless work on this software we use day-in day-out has made a huge positive difference. I agree that Recorder 6 has truly transformed into something to be proud of thanks to Sarah's influence.

Good luck Sarah in your adventures around Europe (I'm jealous - an ambition of my partner and I has always been to acquire a camper and head off into the unknown). Sincerely, thank you for all of the help you have offered us over the last two years. I do hope you stay in touch (or at least check the forum now and then for old time's sake) and I wish you all the very best.

Cheers!

Charles

Charles Roper
Digital Development Manager | Field Studies Council
http://www.field-studies-council.org | https://twitter.com/charlesroper | https://twitter.com/fsc_digital

Indeed, well done Sarah for the great work you have put into the project and managing to deal with all frustrations and issues we have put on you.

Have a great time travelling.

Brian

Brian Miller
(Conservation Officer (Buckinghamshire), BBOWT)

I'd just like to add my brief word of heartfelt thanks - I have found I was always sure to get a helpful response from Sarah to any query. Have a great time!

(I've got the camper van but not the courage to give up my job and clear off for a bit. But retirement not too far off .......)

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

I've been a rather heavy user of Sarah's time too. Her efforts have gone way beyond the tip of the iceberg which communications on this site represent and I would like to add my thanks to her for dealing with all the knotty problems I've dumped on her.
We've all gained a great deal from her efforts.
Best wishes

fun...FUN!!! Tish, you choose FUN above slaving over Recorder 6 problems! :) 

You will be missed on the forum. Warmest thanks for all of your efforts working with us all. I wish you safe and exciting times on the road.

It's not too late you know, I understand roaming Internet access is possible via mobile broadband - quick Steve, buy Sarah a 3G modem!

Seriously, good luck Sarah.

Dave Cope,
Biodiversity Technology Officer,
Biodiversity Information Service for Powys and Brecon Beacons National Park.

Thanks everyone for all your comments - they really do mean a lot.

I will miss working with you all - you really weren't that bad ;) Seriously though, everyone has always been more than patient, understanding and appreciative.

Good luck in the future - I promise to check in every now and again.

Best wishes,

:cool:

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

So sorry you are leaving Sarah. It has been a pleasure working with you. I have really appreciated having someone in your role who is so conscientious and competent.

All the best for your travels and your future career.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687