Re: SAMPLE.RECORDERS

After a PC rebuild we have R2002 running again (2.3.7.8) but have noticed that the SAMPLE.RECORDERS field is not being filled in for all new records imported using import wizard 2.2.2.81 (15/06/05). All the existing 532,187 records do have this field completed, but it is now blank for all new records. (This is a convenient field to use for NBN gateway exports).

Are we running the wrong version of import wizard (though this is the latest available and seemingly the same as before the hard drive failed)? Or could I have unknowingly run something in the past that filled-in this field? (I have tried out bits of SQL from various sources in the past, but am not aware of any that would have updated this field).  I tried running Repair, but this didn't fill-in the field, and just caused my linked tables used by external queries to disconnect.

I'm mystified. Any help appreciated.

Keith Balmer
Beds and Luton LRC

Hi Keith,

The Sample.Recorders field is only used by the Recorder 2002 Report Wizard and is only populated for the rows you report on when generating a report containing the sample recorders.

Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thank you John. It would have taken me a while to deduce that. They are all filled-in again now.

Regards,
Keith Balmer
Beds and Luton LRC

John,
Thanks for that. Would you know why I get an error message "Query cannot be run by access. Unable to update the Sample table" when running a simple report wizard with attribute Sample Recorders ?  I find Sample Recorders (where it is completed) is a useful reporting field for Access reports.

Steve

Steve Roe
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I've not seen that error message before. Has anyone else come across this problem?

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Havent come across this error message, but i do get the duplicate key error message (as mentioned in another thread) when including sample recorders in the report wizard

Gordon Barker
Biological Survey Data Manager
National Trust