1 (edited by Keith Balmer 23-08-2014 21:16:32)

Topic: Search for Macrosiphoniella

If I search for "Macrosiphoniella" I get "No data available in table", but if I take the "a" off the end and search for "Macrosiphoniell" I get 27 entries for the genus "Macrosiphoniella", my original search term.

If I search for any one of the 27 species presented  by copy-pasting it into the search box I again get ""No data available in table".

Something odd going on here?

Keith

Re: Search for Macrosiphoniella

I reported this error some time ago.  The search field is limited to 15 characters per word (don't ask!).  One would have thought that raising that limit would take 5 minutes to change one setting and make our lives so much easier.  If for some reason it is not that easy, G5 in this respect, as in so many other respects, is not fit for purpose.  Taxonomy is littered with longer names, and they did not all appear since last October.

Murdo

Hmm, good luck then to anyone wanting to search for the genus "Parapseudoleptomesochrella", the longest in the NameServer dictionary, or "Echidnodes aulographoidesaulographoides" (which has the longest specific name).

(I wouldn't want to try to write either of these on a specimen label either!)

Keith

Hi All, Apologies for the slow response as I have been on leave, the issue here is with the SOLR instance we have that manages the searches for the gateway, it had a maximum length on search terms (a per word limit) set in its config files. I have made a change to it and I will try and get this deployed as soon as possible. However we are doing some work behind the scenes right now so it may take a little time for the fix to appear.

Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

This should be fixed now, I apologise for the delay in fix and please let us know if you encounter further issues.

Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

Thanks Matt.

It copes okay with the longest genus and specific names!

Cheers, Keith