Topic: Old WS down?

The old web services on which we still have to base our reporting appear to be down. Is there a known issue?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Old WS down?

Anything on this yet? The problem persists and i have now noticed it is affecting other websites (naturespot is returning the same error for its NBN grid map (e.g. http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/ye … in-crust).

We've also not been able to run any of our reports since Thursday due to the problem with web services.

Commercial Services Officer
rECOrd (A Biodiversity Information System for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
www.record-lrc.co.uk

Hi Lucy, is Cheshire now running on the new services/are they down too?

Hi Ben, the new services are running fine but we use the old web services for our habitat/site boundary information.

Commercial Services Officer
rECOrd (A Biodiversity Information System for Cheshire, Halton, Warrington and Wirral)
www.record-lrc.co.uk

Hello Ben

I have alerted the developers to the old web services not working, so they can have a look at them and see what the issue is

Best wishes

Graham

Hi, sorry I haven't picked this up before now as I have been away. I will pass this on to the guys who deal with the old web services, probably just needs poking with a stick again.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

Hi, I have just heard back, but it looks like we are having domain name issues, we are in contact with our domain name registrar to try and get this resolved and I will try and let you know as soon as we have an ETA or when its fixed.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

thanks both for looking into this.

The old web services should be up again, we apologise for any issues that this may have caused.

Matt Debont
Application Developer

I think the initial heavy load that came in when the domain name was resolved caused our database some issues.  I've reset it and now all seems fine - old website and old soap webservices are working well.  Sorry for the problems you have seen.

Cheers for sorting this. All's well!