Topic: What has happened to the access controls?

Seeing some unfamiliar names on the view download log screen yesterday made me curious, so I checked the recent downloads of our data against access requests granted. There was no match. Virtually all the recent downloads of BLS data have been made without our permission.

So much for the new access controls.

What is going on? I can't now grant any requests for access, the site just hangs, and large volumes of data are being downloaded  by people we have never heard of without permission having being granted. If the access controls have been switched off for the last few weeks (or months) surely dataset administrators should have been told?

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Re: What has happened to the access controls?

Matt has reminded me that the access controls now allow users to download the data they have access to on screen, and only need permission to extend that to include sensitive records, recorder names, etc. So, mystery solved.

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Re: What has happened to the access controls?

Hi Janet, the issue with you not being able to grant access requests sounds like an issue we have come across before, I will try and get back in contact with you tomorrow to try and get more details, but I have a good idea of what the issue here might be.

Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK