Topic: Import Wizard

Is there any way to access the following fields using the import wizard? I’ve been experimenting for a while now, so I’m guessing not (though would be delighted to hear I’ve missed something!) – in which case would it be possible to consider these for a development wish-list please?

-    Sample Ref (general tab of sample form)
-    Sample measurements, in the same way that taxon measurements are accessible. I'm currently putting sample level measurements at the taxon level, which is fine for our purposes, but means a lot of duplicated info.

Whilst using the wizard I’ve also noticed a couple of quirks, and wondering if anyone else gets the same behaviour or has any advice? 

When doing imports, for occasional locations, instead of the matched location showing the location’s text name it displays the Location_Key – the matched spatial ref displays fine. If I manually re-match these oddly displayed matches the displayed name is initially ‘normal’ but then reverts to the Key when the input box loses focus. The match is correct and the location displays fine on the survey event/samples once the records are imported – more that it just looks a bit disconcerting when one is doing the import!  It seems to occur only for specific locations, but I can't see anything about these locations that is any different from other locations that display normally.

When using keyboard shortcuts to navigate through the import wizard I keep getting unhandled exception errors – never seems to occur if I only use the mouse to click buttons.

Thanks,
Andy.

Re: Import Wizard

andy_f wrote:

When doing imports, for occasional locations, instead of the matched location showing the location’s text name it displays the Location_Key – the matched spatial ref displays fine.

Not had it myself, but see: http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=5269

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Import Wizard

Thanks for that Charlie - missed this one in my search of the forum.

Best,
Andy.