Topic: Gateway login

Is there a problem with logins now? Mine seems to be working alright, but I'm getting furious complaints from one of our members who tried to login yesterday to demonstrate the gateway to professional colleagues and kept getting an invalid user name or password message. He managed to change his password (eventually) but still got the same message, so the demo had to be cancelled.

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Re: Gateway login

Hi Janet, As far as I can see there are no issues with logins, I can log in and log out fine from here, so there is possibly an issue with their account, if they could contact the NBN-Support desk with more information that would be very useful, but at present there is no general ongoing issue with logging into the gateway that I am aware of.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

3 (edited by LBacon 02-04-2014 09:22:03)

Re: Gateway login

HI Janet

I was having the same problem if I tried to log in directly from Gateway home page.  I never resolved it.

as a dataset administrator my solution was to use an access request email link to the admin page, which prompts me for my username and login (as despite setting to remember it, which the old version always used to, the new version seems incapable of) from here, by typing in my username, my password come up automatically and logs me in.

I know its only a solution for data managers, but it really shouldn't have to be this way at all!

Janet Simkin wrote:

Is there a problem with logins now? Mine seems to be working alright, but I'm getting furious complaints from one of our members who tried to login yesterday to demonstrate the gateway to professional colleagues and kept getting an invalid user name or password message. He managed to change his password (eventually) but still got the same message, so the demo had to be cancelled.

Janet

Louise, CPERC, Cambridgeshire