Topic: Access indications lost

Trying to see the IMT just now (got there eventually, but everything about the site is glacially slow - even worse than we have become used to) I wanted to see my access privileges to the various contributing datasets.

In the old Gateway (which I accessed successfully a short while ago because the new Gateway was not opening at all) one can see all the contributing datasets when a map is displayed, together with the access and download privileges.

In the new Gateway, once again, this very useful feature has been removed, and while there are two panels that show us the contributing sets neither displays access privileges.  So I don't know without toggling datasets which hold the subset of records I am interested in, and I don't know my access until I visit the relevant dataset page.

Please reinstate it.

Murdo

Re: Access indications lost

I second this. In the old Gateway you could mask out a dodgy dataset like the Invertebrate Site Register and refresh the map to show better quality data. This functionality also seems to be lost and should be reinstated.

Are there only two people actually trying to use the new Gateway, me and Syrphus? Why is nobody else complaining?

You can still do that, Andrew, but it is one of these carefully hidden things that someone obviously thought was a wonderful idea.

IMT, open the Legend/Datasets/records panel. Click on Legend, then on the spanner icon, and you will see the datasets and toggle boxes.  Just where everyone would intuitively suspect, don't you think?

Of course, having done that you have to select the records you want a second time, and wait yet again for the map to load.  And if you decide to toggle another dataset, do it again.  But then we all have pretty empty lives and we are so grateful for the entertainment.

If things don't improve soon, you might be the *only* one using the Gateway ;-)

Murdo

Ah, so that's what the spanner icon does! It's good to know. You would think this functionality would be on the Datasets tab though, wouldn't you?

Andrew

I would, you would, but what do we know?

M.