Topic: Adding a new Admin to a dataset - problem

I am trying to add a new Admin to a dataset I manage.  I can see the person listed when I search for the name but I cannot complete the process, I get a message "Error - could not add user".

Re: Adding a new Admin to a dataset - problem

Hello Matt

I have just tried adding a new dataset administrator and it worked OK for me. Are you still having problems? If so let me know the dataset you are trying to add an administrator to and the user and I will have another look.

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

The problem appears to be browser related.  Using IE 8 on Win XP I get an "error on page" message when trying to add a new admin.  If I use Google Chrome I am allowed to complete the process and I have added in the new admin.  Only minor niggle here is the new admin does not appear in the admin list when the process completes, you need to leave and re-enter that page to see the new user.

Hello Matt

I have added the problem with creating new administrators with IE8 and request for the page to refresh with the new administrator, though behind the scenes all the databases are being updated with the new administrator which at busy times may take a few seconds to do and so it may not be possible to show the new administrator with an immediate refresh.

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer