Topic: Problem with maps

I've been getting an intermittent problem displaying maps with the Interactive Map Tool, in which the British Isles is more or less largely obliterated by huge pinkish squares, each containing what looks like a close corner in the top left corner. Currently this is being manifested when I search for "Anthonomus pomorum", the common 'apple blossom weevil'. I know there is mappable data underneath, because I can draw a rectangle over the map and some intelligent records are displayed. It appears to be a display bug somewhere.

Andrew Duff

Re: Problem with maps

Sounds like this again: http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=4747 ?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Hello Andrew

The pink squares means the map layer displaying the squares is not being returned and may occur when the mapping tool is currently experiencing a busy period with other requests. It is best to try again after a while to see if the maps are returned. I have just tried Anthonomus pomorum and the map is working OK

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

I'm still getting this problem e.g. searching for records of the weevil Cleopomiarus micros. I've tried waiting and retrying but nothing seems to make any difference. It's making NBN Gateway completely unusable.

We're getting the same problem with pink squares on the Interactive mapper - I would have thought this would be a fairly quiet time so why is the server not coping?