Topic: Design over substance

Congratulation the new system looks very good, but....
Why does it take two clicks to get from my initial choice of Interactive Map to the actual map, I don't need to see the intervening page showing me a visual of the interactive map.
I was interested in the distribution of ferrets in the Outer Hebrides, so I entered the generic Latin name Mustela putorius and was offered four variants to choose from. I then had to add each to the map separately to get the desired information. There did not seem to be a method of adding more than one at a time without adding the species name again. Fortunately there were only four and whilst I can see the logic behind this approach, it is tedious.
For those of us in rural areas who only have super-slow broadband all this takes too long.

Christine Johnson
OHBR

Re: Design over substance

Hello Christine

You can go to the interactive map directly and enter the required species or else go to it from other Gateway report pages like the grid map eg https://data.nbn.org.uk/Taxa/NBNSYS0000005129/Grid_Map

The interactive map should automatically include all the child taxa of the taxa you added. So in your example adding the species Mustela putoris should automatically include the subsp. and form. It will not include the 4th choice as it is a hybrid and so treated separately from the species

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer