Topic: Download reasons

When attempting to download a dataset (currently still not working) I am offered a list of reasons I with to download the data from a drop down list.  However, none of the specified options actually cover the reasons why I wish to download the data. 

As I don't want to infringe the NBN T&Cs by specifying a reason that is not valid, could I suggest that "Other" is offered as a reason.  If "Other" was selected then supporting comments could be required for the "details" box so the dataset provider could see the details of why a download was requested.

Re: Download reasons

I have had the same problem.  'Other' with the option to specify, or expanding the list is needed.  Most of what I want is related to HBRG data work, but I have to say 'Personal interest' because the NGO option is too prescribed (and we are not an NGO in the accepted sense anyway, but, like many organisations, a voluntary membership group).

M.

Sounds as if we have exactly the same problem, the county Amphibian and Reptile Group does not fall neatly into any of the categories listed either.

Hello Matt

Adding a 'Other ' category was not added in the end as it was thought it would be too difficult to report of. I will alert Paula Lightfoot to this post as it sounds that these initial categories may need expanding

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer

Hi Matt and Murdo, please could you e-mail me on p.lightfoot@nbn.org.uk a brief description of your reason(s) for downloading/requesting access to data and I will see whether we need to add another category to accommodate it or clarify the definition of one of the existing categories.
Thanks
Paula