Topic: Downloading datasets when no access

Just playing around with the new setup, I tried downloading dataset GA000429 which allows no public access, and to which I have no personal access.  I got as far as clicking the final 'Download', but then got a page of Apache errors - but that happened with a legit download request as well immediately afterwards.

I would have expected that as soon as I ask to download a dataset for which I have no access I would would be told it could not happen, not go through the hoops.

It might be worth checking that no-access sets can't be downloaded, and that such a request is stopped immediately.

M.

Re: Downloading datasets when no access

Now that things are working, I have tested this again.  I went all through the process, got a .zip file, but with an empty .csv file.

So the data are not released, but the process should be either impossible (disable the Download button if there is no access to the particular user - that must be available to test as it shows in the Access tab), or stopped as soon as the Download button is clicked by a user who has no access.

M.

Re: Downloading datasets when no access

Hello Murdo

I have added this as an issue to be looked at.

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer