Re: R2002 to R6 transfer dies when trying to access the R2002 database

When beginning the transfer of  records from R2002 2.3.7.8 to R6.10.4 Network Upgrade, after seemingly inspecting the R2002 database for a while and starting the transfer I get the error message:

Error copying data from table 1.SURVEY_TYPE
EOleException
OLE DB provider “Microsoft.Jet/OLEDB.4.0” for linked server “(null)” returned message “The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ‘C:\Documents and Settings\keith\My Documents\BRMC\Species\Recorder 2002\Database\NBNData.mdb’. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.”

Nothing else is using the database. There is no lock file. R2002 and Access can open it without complaints. Rebooting doesn’t help. I’ve tried compacting the R2002 database but that didn’t help either.

Can anyone suggest a solution please as I’m now stuck…?

(I’m transferring to a database on SQL Server Express 2005 since my last trial with R6 a few months ago using MSDE left my database only 24MB below the 2G limit, and thus unusable for long. R6 seems to be running okay with its default empty database on SQL Server Express 2005).

Regards, Keith