Topic: Some positive feedback from moth recorders...

Hi Graham,

Some positive feedback for Record Cleaner from moth recorders attending last weekend's National Moth Recorders' Conference in Birmingham. All were asking about rules for micro-moths so I informed them I understand rules will be made available in due course. I also informed them it won't be the NMRS writing them!

Still very much a very useful tool, which as a County Moth Recorder saves me a huge amount of time isolating records that may need further attention.

Les Evans-Hill
Senior Data Officer, National Moth Recording Scheme

Re: Some positive feedback from moth recorders...

Thanks Les

I will pass on your feedback to Paula Lightfoot, who manages the NBN contracts for the verification rules

Best wishes

Graham

Re: Some positive feedback from moth recorders...

Thanks for the feedback, that's good to hear!  We aim to release verification rules for Pterophoridae in May/June this year and Gelechiidae in Autumn/Winter this year.  These will be produced by the Plume Moth Recording Scheme and Gelechiid Recording Scheme with support from the Biological Records Centre.
Verification rules for seaweeds and aquatic Heteroptera are also being produced this year and should be available around early summer.
Best wishes
Paula