1 (edited by stevemcbill 09-09-2007 16:14:46)

Re: Maps Problem Transferring Data from Rec-2002 to Rec-6

I have this weekend installed Recorder-6 ver. 6.10.4.120 (the latest version) from CD.

I already have a Recorder-2002 copy with 294,802 species records in it along with a number of OS map tiles, vice-county boundaries and other user generated layers.

The data from Recorder-2002 was transferred using the utility on the CD and so were the map tiles and layers.

When I opened Rec-6 and checked on the mapping, every map and every boundary layer (inc. the Polygon layer) had been duplicated. No great problem here though tedious going through and deleting the duplicates (anyone any ideas why it would duplicate everything ??).

BUT, the worst problem is that when I zoom out to the base map (outline of UK) all of the user generated layers (e.g. SSSI layer, EA waterbodies layer, VC layer, Ancient Woodlands layer, etc., etc., etc.) are all on the map even though they are un-selected (un-ticked) on the selection panel on the left-hand side of the map) - I cannot switch them off at all !!!! This really makes it very awkward to see anything when plotting data to the map.

Anybody else had this problem ?? Any solutions ??

Cheers and thanks

Steve

Steve J. McWilliam
www.rECOrd-LRC.co.uk
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/

Re: Maps Problem Transferring Data from Rec-2002 to Rec-6

Hi Steve

I have seen similar problems with the mapping screen in the past (whereby switching off layers didn't seem to work on occasion), but it was very difficult to reproduce.

Would you be able to send me a screenshot?

Not sure why you would get duplicates in R6 - I'll do a bit more testing here to see if I can reproduce.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC