Re: Import to fields not on the default list

The standard list of fields to which it is possible to import omits many which would be useful, such as Sample Ref. so that I can import all my Phase 1 survey target note numbers there.
This has been asked before but answers are now lost in the SmartGroups closure and there is no longer any documentation.

So how do I add fields to that Import list?

Re: Import to fields not on the default list

Hi Darwyn

I'll make sure your request is noted in my current list of suggested improvements.

Myself and the resellers did attend a workshop with Dorset Software, and John van Breda did briefly go over this with us, but I can't remember the detail of how to set this up. Some of the "IW_" tables in the database can be configured so that additional fields are made available for import (I believe that the ease of setting this up depends upon the 'type' of data you wish to import and whether this is already handled by the import wizard, the 'rules' you want to apply etc.).

Unfortunately, it is the question of finding the time to look into things further, try things out and provide guidance.

If the example you have given is relatively straight forward, John van Breda might be able to give us some guidance here on the forum when he gets back from leave.

Best wishes,

Sarah

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC

Sarah Shaw
Biodiversity Information Assistant
JNCC