Topic: iform settings map

Hi,
I am trying to set the default position of my map using the iform settings page but weirdly I can't see the map on the settings page - there is a space for it with the zoombar etc and the OpenStreetMap link at the bottom right, just no map. I have looked at all sorts of options to try and make the map appear but have had no success. I'm sure there is probably a very simple solution but I just can't find it.

Help please!

Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar

Re: iform settings map

Hi Fiona
Given that the OpenStreetMap link is there, I am wondering if you were experiencing a temporary problem with the OSM web service? I've just checked mine and it is working, so maybe the problem has already gone away. If not are you able to check if there are any JavaScript errors on the page?
Best wishes
John

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

3 (edited by FionaCEDaR 12-09-2012 17:07:19)

Hi John,
I am getting errors - but not sure what I'm looking at. the class is olTileImage olImageLoadError

It has failed to load resources and then gives a URL for the map tiles that isn't correct (I think) - http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Tiles/tile......etc

I've tried replacing OpenLayers.js (?) but this hasn't fixed it. I'm stumped.

I can give you a login for you to take a look if you have time?

Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar

I still can't solve this and am reluctant to have to do a reinstall. I've replaced all the javascript files but the map still doesn't show on the iForm settings page yet shows on my recording form.

Any advice? I'm totally lost.
Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar

Hi Fiona,

I looked at a site of mine based on the 0.8.1 iForm module and saw the problem you describe. The problem did not exist with the development code. I compared the two and the difference is in the OSM layers being requested. The former usesOpenStreetMap Tiles@Home while the latter just uses OpenStreetMap. The Tiles@Home service has been withdrawn. I have committed a fix to the repository in r4758.

You can either update from the repository or, since all I have done is delete three characters, look at the diff and just edit your own copy of the changed file.

Jim Bacon.

Brilliant!! Many thanks Jim :)

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar