1 (edited by samneal 15-08-2012 14:25:02)

Topic: Downloading indicia records using reporting grid (CSV)

I posted this as a reply to another topic (Exporting csv files - last replied to in Feb), but as that was a while ago, I thought I would create a new topic too - apologies for obviously bad practice there:

Jim/John VB,

I am just in the process of using the reporting grid to download my indicia records via csv, so that we can put them in our database etc......(its been a long time coming as we have lots to download!). The resultant table for the report I am using (Survey Details) is too long to fit on the page, this is the same whether using the reporting grid (set up as you have suggested in this post) or the reports directly using the live warehouse url.  I know it is probably really obvious, but is there a way to include the whole table on the page or at least (and most importantly) the far right corner of the table, so that I can click on the download report link?

As I say probably really obvious and something I would need to do to my drupal installation rather than indicia, but I can't think what it maybe at the moment.  The page seems to be a set width, so I can't drag across two screens to find the link.

Thanks

Sam

Re: Downloading indicia records using reporting grid (CSV)

Hi Sam

I'm thinking when you say your table is too long you are perhaps meaning the width rather than the height is the problem.

My first thought is to look at the HTML/CSS and see what is controlling the width of things. Clearly you may have all sorts of Drupal theming going on that is cutting off the right hand side of the table. I'm afraid you'll have to figure that out yourself.

To get the download link back may be easy though. Just looking at one of my reports, the download link is floated right by us and if you were to remove the float it would be back on the left.

Something like the following might do it in my case.
tfoot div.right {float: none !important}

There are details at http://code.google.com/p/indicia/wiki/D … mOverrides of where you can add the CSS.

Jim,

Many thanks for your help.  You were correct that I meant length not width, although I was mainly concerned about the download link rather than the table.  So following your suggestions I have made the css change and it works fine.

thanks again, that has really helped me.

Cheers

Sam

Just so you know there is a new Easy Download feature in Instant Indicia - in the code repository available now or you can wait for a future Instant Indicia update. This gives you a simple link to download your records as a CSV spreadsheet or in NBN format.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks John, I will look into that.  I don't use instant indicia, but I guess I should be able to use that somehow, if I can work my limited knowledge....or will it be in future standard indicia iform updates?

John, is there a way that the survey details survey can be tweaked to include the latin name and common name and species group, even when not input as such? What I mean is that I guess this report exports the data actually input as part of the online record; but I would like it to populate the table with all the common and latin names and if possible the species group.  As I know that when using the species and occurrence count by taxon group reporting grid it knows when there are duplicates, both when these are the same name more than once and also when the common and latin names have both been used when the records was input (as separate records).  I would like the output to have the common and latin names for all records, even if not given.  As the results I have extracted for our last bioblitz have some duplicates in what I had hoped we could send to people as the final species list for the site (especially the site owners) - I realise one could put the csv into recorder and extract back out, but it would be good if there was a report (an altered survey details one that did this).
Thanks

Hi Sam,

It is possible for us to create reports that contain any of the fields within the database. If you have created a species list which, for a taxon, contains synonyms or common names then they can all be joined in to a report by virtue of the fact that the alternative names share a single meaning_id.

If you try the report "Library>Occurrences>Occurrence list - A general purpose list of records" you will see a small report containing the fields you are asking for.

I was going to have a go at modifiying the survey details report for you but I find it is written in a way that is unfamiliar to me and not yet documented as far as I am aware. So over to John...

Jim Bacon.