Re: Dataset visibility

I have not been able to research this exhaustively because the Gateway has not been behaving wonderfully, but searching last night for Mydaea ancilla I was only able to see the NEW interactive map.  [This seems often to happen - you can't access the plain or old interactive, but the new version will display.  Now, however, I can see the traditional two maps but the NEW interactive is overlain by grey squares showing unloaded images.  Sounds like the problem Charlie Barnes has flagged up.]

On the NEW interactive map, I was surprised to see all details of a record (including obs and det) from Fife Nature GA000387, a dataset which is not visible at all to Joe Public (that includes me) on the other maps.

Is this the way things should be?  In this situation, it was an advantage to me, but there are at least two datasets on the Gateway that are invisible to the public for reasons of poor data quality - and no-one would want to see them, but that is another issue - and others that may be invisible for good conservation reasons.

M.