Re: GetSpeciesList 3.4 circular buffer search has stopped working

My long-established 3.4 webservice for a circular buffer search using GetSpeciesList has recently stopped working. I'm not sure exactly when - its just been reported to me, but fairly recently I think.

The XML returned contains the following:

-<parsererror>
-<sourcetext>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode><faultstring>SeException in ManageSeConnection.getSeConnection(): NETWORK I/O OPERATION FAILED.</faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault> --------------------------------------^
</sourcetext>
XML Parsing Error: prefix not bound to a namespace Location: http://www.bedscape.org.uk/php/nbn_queries.php?op=GetCircleSpeciesList&sort=Scientific&res=_2km&x=512350&y=245650&radius=1000&overlay=overlaps&year_start=1600&year_end=2011&designation=ALL&datasets=GA000458:GA000676:GA000700:GA000699:GA000481:GA000674:GA000703:GA000704:GA000482:GA000701:GA000705:GA000479:GA000702:GA000675:GA000677 Line Number 1, Column 39:
</parsererror>

which doesn't mean anything to me as I haven't recently changed anything. Can someone please advise if I need to change something to restore the service, or has something broken at NBN's end?

(I can't switch to using 3.5 because its equivalent service still doesn't seem to be working...?)

Regards, Keith

We are also currently getting this error [Connection reset by peer: socket write error] with our in house Data Request application (calling NBN Gateway Data within a polygon), no changes have been made and it was working fine yesterday.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Is anyone else still getting this problem?

The service still isn't working but we are no longer getting the Error message, just a box saying "Error:"

To my everlasting shame it seems the problem mentioned above was my fault, and that of a self-intersecting polygon.

The problem posted in the first entry on this thread with version 3.4 seems to have been fixed somewhere (at the NBN?) as it is now working as before without me doing anything.

The version 3.5 equivalent still isn't working though.

Keith