Re: Some thoughts on the proposals
Some thoughts about the 3 main themes proposed:
1. Downloading data
• For the way we work it has to be a prospective request system _not_ a retrospective system (applying for enhanced access _is_ a prospective system. I don’t see why data download should be any different?). Perhaps we can have a choice?
2. Applying to download a whole dataset
• Could it be (is it?) incorporated with the “download data” wizard rather than as a separate system?
That the “data download” and “download whole datasets” tools be merged into the “enhanced access wizard” to streamline the system.
3. Applying for enhanced access
• We'd like to need to know how many records (and percentage of dataset) are being requested
• Data download needs to be included as an option in the data access request form (see 1 & 2 above)
• We'd like a log of who has accessed data
• Results need a flag/blanked out records to indicate if any confidential records have been found (with advice to contact data provider)
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership