Re: Error message when creating a new recording form

Hi,
I'm using Instant Indicia and the BRC test warehouse. I already have a couple of recording forms developed in testing and am now creating a form for recording squirrels which will hopefully be our first to go online.

When I save the page I get the following error and am wondering what I am doing wrong. I noticed this error earlier when I was making changes to my home page too.

user warning: Duplicate entry '17' for key 'PRIMARY' query: INSERT INTO uuid_node_revisions (vid, uuid) VALUES (17, '055fcefc-6492-11e1-91ca-0050569e4ddb') in /var/www/indicia/sites/all/modules/uuid/uuid.module on line 65.

Many thanks,

Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar

Hi Fiona,

Your error message is coming from the UUID module which is a contributed module for Drupal, i.e. one written by a member of the Drupal community and shared for others to use.

Can you go to the Reports > Available updates > List menu item of your website and search for the module named Universally Unique IDentifier. On the same line as the title is the version number that you have installed. My version is 6.x-1.x-dev (2011-Jun-21), for example.

There is an issue with a patch for a problem like the one you are describing and, depending on the version of the module you have installed, this could be your solution.

Jim.

Hi Jim,
Thanks for that. The version I have is 6.x-1.0-beta2. I will look at that patch and see if it's right for my situation. I see that I have updates to do anyway but won't get to do those until next week as I am flat out this week!

Cheers,
Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar

Hi Fiona,

I'd suggest updating to the current dev version in this instance. There were many attempted patches and the one at the end of the thread that I linked to was itself patched subsequently. The maintainer of this module seems to be slow about putting out new recommended releases.

Jim.

Hi Jim,

That seems to have done the trick. Many thanks for your help.

Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar