Re: Displaying Attributes on Records

One of the datasets I manage has various "Attributes" associated with each record (Adult, Male, Female, Juvenile, Tadpole, Eggs).  These display happily when looking at the records, but I was wondering whether it was possible to specify the order in which the appear?

I would like to see the attributes displayed and this are the order in which the fields are submitted.  However, when looking at the NBN this order apears to be reversed.  Can the order be specified, or should I just use the workaround of submiting the attributes in the "wrong" order at my end.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately its not possible to specify the order in which they appear (there may be a way of getting to the bottom of how the order is determined on loading but only if the requirement is great enough to justify the development time required)......is this requirement just for viewing on screen and for download or for a more specific requirement? How important is this requirement and are there other Gateway users/data providers that also require flexibility with ordering attributes?

Thanks,
Lynn

My initial query was regards the viewing on screen, it just seemed a little "messy" that the order of the attributes varied depending on what attributes there were and which records one looked at.  I would not be concerned with the order of colums for any download data, these are easily moved about.