Re: Britain & Ireland map

I need to set a map of Britain and Ireland as a base map in Recorder 6 but can't seem to do it using the provided base maps. When the the separate Britain and Ireland maps are enabled Ireland is in the wrong position.  Is there some way of fixing this or does anyone know where I can get a suitable (free!) polygon layer?

Cheers

Bob Saville
National Barkfly Recording Scheme

Hi Bob,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same need for a base map showing both Britain and Ireland, on the UK grid orientation. My combined dataset plots correctly on the UK base map, but it needs an outline that includes the Isle of Man and all of Ireland, not just the north.

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

I hope this isn't too far away from the subject matter in hand. To get a better UK outline I've used the Watsonian Vice-County maps (provided by the NBN), converting them all firstly to .mif format and then importing them individually (and linking them to the VC Locations). If you then adjust the Cut-in and cut-out values of the Base Map you won't get double lines on the coast.
I've had a favourable response from JNCC regarding the inclusion of these maps in the next version.
Doesn't solve the original question, though.