Re: Error messages appearing while following the Instant Indicia tutorial.

I've installed the indicia warehouse and instant indicia on my laptop (which is running Ubuntu Desktop 10.04).  Everything seems to work OK, but I've received a couple of error messages while going through the instant indicia tutorial. 

1. I've worked my way through to section '5.4.1 Tabbed Data Entry Form'.  When I try loading an image I get the message 'An error occurred uploading the file.  Failed to save the uploaded file'.

2.  While working through section '5.4.3 My Images' I get the following error message clicking on the My Images menu item:

pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "indicia" FATAL: password authentication failed for user "indicia"

My PostgreSQL database doesn't have a user called 'indicia' - which I suspect may be significant. :)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin
I'm guessing that you are able to use the warehouse OK? Can you please check in the warehouse folder application/config and open the database.php file in a text editor. In this file there are 2 definitions for database connections, one used for normal use (default) and one used when reporting (report). Check that both of these have the 'user' property set correctly to a valid postgreSQL user and that the 'pass' points to the correct password. If your warehouse is for development purposes then you can set these both to the same user. If the report connection is wrong then that definitely could cause the problem you get in point 2.
The error message in point 1 could be a permissions problem on the sites/all/modules/iform/client_helpers/upload folder, which your web-server must have access to write to when uploading images.

Let us know how you get on.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

John,

Thanks for the feed back.  I've given the correct permissions to the upload directory and can now upload images OK.  In addition, I've changed the database.php file as you suggested, and I'm now able to view the uploaded images:D.  Once again, thanks for the help.

Regards
Martin Cookson