Re: Problem with forgotten password mail

Hi,

the forgotten password mail is not working correct for me.
* Admin clicks on "Send forgotten password email"
* User gets mail
* Click on the link in the mail, or copy it to the browser
* Login screen is shown :(

The link looks like this: http://test.indicia.botanik.uni-greifswald.de/indicia/index.php/new_password/email/xxxxyyyzz

Nothing in the lock files (indicia and apache). The key is correct in the users table of the database.

Indicia warehouse is verison 0.7.1b

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel

I was also told that the link on the login page to reset password was not working. The problem was the same one that you were experiencing. I have committed a fix, r3461, and patched our warehouses.

Jim Bacon.

Thanks,

this works.

Regards

Daniel

Whilst working on this I also found that, when entering an email address for password recovery, it was case-sensitive in comparing against stored records. I have made it insensitive and patched warehouse1 and testwarehouse with the change. On the other hand, if you try password recovery using your username, a 'like' comparison is used so, if you just enter part of your username, the password recovery email goes to the first match which, in a system of many users is probably going to be someone else! This may need tightening up.

As a side note, if you are having log in problems, be aware that both username and password are case sensitive.

Jim Bacon