Re: Struggling a bit

Hi All,

I have just installed Instant Indicia [instant??] on a local server using a local PostGIS database as the warehouse.  I am following the tutorial but I'm a bit stumped at Section 5 - Configuring Instant Indicia - where it instructs me to go to the URL of the warehouse, login & register the Indicia web site.  I cannot find any reference to this in the tutorial.

I would have used one of the online warehouses but the only information I can find about accessing these is to visit this forum - no specifics about where to post or who to contact.

All advice gratefully received as this looks to be a fantastic resource.

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the Indicia forum. Firstly I always like to make sure new users are absolutely clear that an Instant Indicia setup consists of two websites and two databases. There is the warehouse website with its Postgres database and the Drupal website, usually with a MySql database.

If you have installed your own warehouse, mentioned in Section 3 of the tutorial, then you should know your warehouse url, username and password. The fact that you don't know this information makes me wonder if you have overlooked this important step. It certainly can save you a lot of effort if you begin by using our test warehouse.

You have done exactly the right thing by posting to this forum in order to gain access to the test warehouse. I will email you in order to see about arranging this.

Jim Bacon.

Thank you Jim - mail on its way