Re: (Instant Indicia) Click to query occurrences ) /IForm Proxy module

I'd like to set up "Click to query occurrences" on distribution maps, but this requires set up of the IForm proxy module. I assume the proxy has to be connected to Geoserver, but I'm not clear exactly what to do here.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Hi Alan
It should just be a case of going to the Drupal Modules page and enabling the Indicia Proxy module (not the Indicia AJAX Proxy module). The proxy will know how to link up to GeoServer.

It may be worth you getting a new copy of IndiciaMapPanel.js from SVN as when I tried this this morning I found a glitch which may be related to the recent update to OpenLayers 2.11.

Cheers

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

3 (edited by Alan Hale 18-10-2011 09:56:17)

Hi John
Indicia Proxy module is definitely enabled with me. The settings form for the map page (under Click to query occurrences) refers to the *IForm* proxy module. I assume this is the same thing. If I go to configuration>Iform Proxy>Settings it's looking for a username and password. Can I ignore this?
Cheers
Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Yes, the username and password are only needed if, for example, you put your GeoServer behing http basic authentication. In the default scenario the username and password can be left.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

5 (edited by Alan Hale 19-10-2011 13:45:17)

Hi John

This is still not working for me, even though I've installed the latest Iform module (which includes IndiciaMapPanel.js)
from Subversion

Cheers

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Hi Alan
Are you able to put this online so I can see what is happening?

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

Yes, have just set you up with an admin account on the site. You should receive a notification email shortly.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth

Hi Alan
The Indicia Proxy module was not enabled, which was the first thing. Having enabled that it would have worked for the Drupal admin login. To enable the proxy for other logins you'd have needed to visit the Permissions page in Drupal and enable the IForm Proxy Passthrough permission for the required user roles. I've set this up for all users though you may want to remove the permission for anonymous users if you want them to log in first.
I have tweaked the documentation etc to make this a bit clearer for next time.
Best wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Hi John

Ah! - very sorry, I must have forgotten to enable it on the new install. Too rushed. Thanks for looking at this, it does work fine now.

Alan

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth