Re: Bulk load maps install issue

I have a few issues installing the “bulk load maps” addin for recorder 6. I am running a network install version of recorder 6 and have successfully loaded the NBN map gsf files on the server. I completed the r6 workstation install ok and installed the bulk load tool, doing this from the workstation. The maps bulk loaded ok and were copied to the workstation, as expected. However, I then tried to repeat this process on a 2nd workstation and that’s were I have run into issues. After installing r6 the 2nd workstation, the addin wasn’t visible, so I installed the bulk load tool, and got the message “an addin of that name already exists, would you like to replace it”  - replacing it gives error code 3, cannot find path specified. Any ideas? Does the addin need to be installed on each workstation, and if so, why does it say already exists when it doesn’t?   
Julian

The reference to the addin existing is because addin files are in a shared folder on the network, though they have to be registered on each local machine before they can be used. When you install the addin on a second machine, then you should install directly from your Recorder\Addins folder wherever you installed Recorder. This way it won't need to copy the files again.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Thanks john, i can see what I’ve done now and that is working.

I wonder if you can shed any light on my one outstanding issue. I should probably post this in a different area. On one workstation the maps icon is greyed out- only the options tool is active. The enabled base map shows as initialised, I tried a reset, which works, but I end up with two base maps, neither of which can be deleted – the path properties show the standard C:\Program\Recorder 6 Workstation\Base Maps\GBandIreland.gsf. I tried a complete uninstall from that workstation, but the same happened and it now shows 3 base maps! Ideas

regards Julian