Re: Species Dictionary Upgrades U,V,W now available

Dear all,

Species dictionary upgrades U, V and W are now available for download (link below). Please remember to re-build the indexes after running the upgrades.

Please note that an additional upgrade will be released shortly to update taxon_designation_set_item.

http://www.jncc.gov.uk/page-4615

Best wishes,
Mary

Has anyone had any trouble with these upgrades?

U seems to take a very long time to process and the progress bars are not showing any change after ten minutes.

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

R, S, T, U, V and W took about 5 minutes to run on one of my standalone systems.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

U, V & W all now imported successfuly thanks, I went out for lunch and it was done when I came back. The information on the dialogs and especially the progress bars weren't very useful though.

Obviously there's a lot going on with U, which is a zipped access db with a lot of records in, but it is a shame it doesn't display anything to indicate that it is actually working.

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer

I am trying to update my dictionary in Recorder 6.  I have checked and the current version I have of the dictionary is T.  I have downloaded the dictionary upgrade kit and tried to then update the next parts.  When I open the zip file for U there is only a file there called NBNData.mdb.  Where do I find the U dictionary upgrade file?

The answer is that you do not open the zip file, the zip is the upgrade.

If you re-read the instructions you will see that it tells you to download a zip containing a number of other files, some of which are .sql scripts and some are .zip compressed files containing access databases (.mdb). The latter should not be unzipped, but placed in the scripts folder of the updating tool as they are (along with the sql ones)

Rob Large
Wildlife Sites Officer