Re: Querying records - improved help message needed.

I administer a number of datasets on the gateway, some of which have restricted access.  I was checking how records appear on the interactive map to "non users"  - ie people who are looking at the data without having logged into the NBN (which I think is the way most people use it) - and tried to select and query a block of records.  As the records are restricted I got the following message:

INTERACTIVE MAP » SELECTED RECORDS - LUCANUS CERVUS

Selected records for Lucanus cervus   
Although you selected records, you do not have download access to view the raw data for the records selected:

There are at least 26 separate datasets on the NBN Gateway that include records of Lucanus cervus, and the above message does not make it at all clear which datasets the selected records belong too, thus making it difficult for a casual user to find out who they should contact for better access or information.  Could I suggest that the above message also give information about which datasets the records belong along the lines of the following:

Your selection includes records from the following datasets:

National Stag Beetle Survey 2006...etc

Matt

Re: Querying records - improved help message needed.

Hello Matt

Thank you for your suggestion for improving information around datasets that you do not have download access to from the selected records in the interactive mapper. As you say adding the list of datasets that you do not have access to would help when wishing to apply for better access to these datasets. I will flag this up for possible
future NBN Gateway development

Best wishes

Graham
NBN Technical Liaison Officer