1 (edited by Bob Merritt 31-01-2011 11:40:29)

Re: DMAP and recent improvements to AditLink

As R6 users will know, The DMAP Export add-on was withdrawn some time ago because of problems with getting it to work properly.

Last month, I decided to have a look at AditLink as a means of generating Dmaps from R6 and, since then, they (Adit Ltd) have been very obliging in adding a whole host of new features to their program to suit my needs.  It is now possible to filter on file code, a single survey, a group of surveys or all surveys.  Ditto for vice-counties, sites, individuals and species, or a combination of all these. Additionally, you can generate maps with R6 ‘preferred’ taxon names, with or without subgeneric names, and in either alphabetical or R6 ‘preferred’ sort order.

The speed with which maps are generated depends on the size of the dataset being used, the complexity of the query and the specifications of your PC or laptop.  As an example, AditLink took 12 minutes to generate 277 species maps in DMAP from an 86k dataset in R6, using a pretty average 4 year old PC.

I hope this information will be of interest to other R6/ DMAP users.

Edit - there is now a filter on record selection, with a choice of verified records, unverified records, failed/pending records or all records.

Re: DMAP and recent improvements to AditLink

A new addin allowing data from Recorder Wizard and XML reports to be exported in the DMAP .Dis and .Nam files is now available. See 

http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=9177#p9177

Mike Weideli