Re: Server Maintenance

An upgrade is being performed on the BRC servers including those that host warehouse1.indicia.org.uk, testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk and www.indicia.org.uk.

They will be unavailable from approximately 8-10am this Friday, 23rd April.

Jim Bacon.

An upgrade is planned for the BRC servers tonight, Tuesday 4th January,  which will affect warehouse1.indicia.org.uk. It will be unavailable between 5pm and 9am on Wednesday.

Apologies for the inconvenience but the outcome will be a more resilient platform with much greater and faster data storage.

Jim Bacon

testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk will be upgraded tonight, Thursday 6th January, and will be unavailable between 5pm and 9am on Friday. This will move the test warehouse on to the same platform as warehouse1.

Jim Bacon

Due to work being carried out on the power supply to CEH Wallingford, all servers will be taken down at 5pm on Friday 11th March. They are expected to be restored by 5pm on Saturday.

Both warehouse1 and testwarehouse servers will be affected (as well as all websites hosted by the Biological Records Centre). Apologies for any inconvenience.

Jim Bacon.

More refurbishment work is necessitating a shutdown of all computer services at CEH Wallingford on the following dates:

Friday 25th March 2011 3:30pm - Monday 28th March 9:00am
Friday 1st April 2011 3:30pm - Monday 4th April 10.30am

This affects both warehouse1.indicia.org.uk and testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk

The work includes a new power backup and distribution system so should help prevent unplanned outages in the future.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
Jim Bacon

I have been informed that services should be up and running by 9am on Monday 4th April rather than 10.30. However, two further periods of down time have been scheduled to complete the work. These are

Wednesday 6th April 2011, 5.30pm - later that night.
Thursday 7th April 2011, 530pm - later that night.

Apologies for this further inconvenience.

Regards,
Jim Bacon.

The good news was that the down time scheduled for 7th April 2011 was not needed as work completed ahead of time.

The bad news is that another period of down time has been planned to extend the SAN at CEH Wallingford. The outage is due on 20th April from 5pm to 9pm at the latest.

Testwarehouse and Warehouse1 will be unavailable during this period.

Hi

I have received a notice about changes being made to our firewall. While this is in progress you will not be able to access any websites hosted at CEH Wallingford. This includes both warehouse1.indicia.org.uk and testwareehouse.indicia.org.uk (but not the NBN Gateway which is hosted at CEH Lancaster)

The proposed time for the work is
Tuesday 10th May, 2011. between 8.45 and 9.00am and then again between 5.00 and 5.15pm.

Jim Bacon

Hi

I have been advised that, due to essential maintenance, warehouse1 and testwarehouse will be down from 4pm this afternoon, 9th January 2012, for approximately 2 hours.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Jim Bacon.

I am going to update testwarehouse today. I will update the status here once done.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

I have been advised by our IT department that the BRC Warehouses will be briefly unavailable on Tuesday 3rd April, 2012 between 08.00 and 08.15 and again from 13.00 to 13.15. There is also a possibility of an interruption at 18.00 depending on the results of earlier work.

Jim Bacon
BRC.

Well, Testwarehouse has update now, but there will be more updates coming soon as john suggest. for more information keep watching the posts in this forum.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Hi, would the updates to the test warehouse have caused a problem with the Irish Grid system? I have the Irish Grid enabled for my form but when I click on somewhere in Northern Ireland to get the grid reference I get the message "The position is outside the range of the selected grid reference system." If I put in a grid reference that I know is within Northern Ireland and press Tab, the map takes me to the ocean south of the Ivory Coast in Africa!!
Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar

Another update for testwarehouse, don't take long. soon will be update, thanks

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Testwarehouse is update to Version 0.8.1. thanks for being with us.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Hi fiona

I think you probably can see the irish grid ref now.

One thing to consider, if you have already saved some valued datas with the longitude & latitude previously then you need to amend those with irish grid ref again.

Sorry for the incovenience.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Hi Biren,
Just confirming that that is fixed for me.
Many thanks,
Fiona

Fiona McCrory
CEDaR Website Officer
www.nmni.com/cedar

Hello

There is an update is going to perform on 19th april for indicia live warehouse. becuase of that warehouse1.indicia.org.uk will be unavailable for about half an hour.

sorry for the incovenience.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Hello

The live warehouse is updated with the version 0.8.1 and is tested with all the BRC websites so far.

Many thanks.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Hello Indicia warehouse users

Due to essential maintenance carried out by our IT department, All the servers will be down from friday 7th at 5:00 PM. We will expect back to normal from saturday morning if work finishes.

Warehouse1, testwarehouse and BRC websites won't be available during that.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

I'm going to update the postgresql version of testwarehouse tomorrow. So testwarehouse won't be available between 10 am  to 11 am.

Live warehouse won't affect with this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Testwarehouse has been updated. It took while me to do that as I was not expecting unexpected problems.

Appologies for the inconvenience.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Hi

I have received the following notice from our IT department:
"Next Tuesday, 13th November, we will be taking the Wallingford site firewall down for essential maintenance between 8am and 8:30am, and then again between 12:15pm and 13:00pm."

During this time all websites hosted by BRC will be inaccessible, including warehouse1.indicia.org.uk and testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk

Jim Bacon

24 (edited by biren103 11-02-2013 20:11:03)

Hello all

The BRC is going to migrate their testwarehouse to the new server. This will be carried out between 9:30 am to 10:30 am tomorrow on dated 12/02/2013.

So, test warehouse won't be available during this time.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer

Testwarehouse is back to normal.

Sorry for the inconvenience and many thanks.

Biren Rathod
BRC Web Developer