Re: Recorder mapping

I'm sure I have raised this before, but can we please have a map outline that shows Britain and Ireland together?

We have records for both and they are displayed together on the GB and UK maps, but with the irish records appearing to be floating mysteriously offshore. To get round this we use DMAP for any serious mapping but we still need the R6 mapping for day to day work, checking things out while we are working on the data.

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Hi Janet,

This already exists in Recorder 6. If you go to the map options you can choose from four different base maps. simply add another base map and click on the entry in the base map column and it turns into a drop down - one of the options is Great Britain and Ireland.

Best wishes,
Lynn

It may be there somewhere but I can't get to it at the moment. This may be to do with my peculiar but vista proof setup so I'll have a rummage around tomorrow. I will also read the recent release notes again to see what else I may have missed!

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Hi Lynn,

Thanks, I found it eventually. For some reason the base map files had been installed to the Recorder6 Server folder, but the system was looking in the Recorder6 Workstation folder and not finding them. Copying it across solved the problem.

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Hi Janet,
The base map files on the server is created only so that when you do a workstation install it can copy them down. Either your workstation install failed on just these files, or they have been accidentally deleted, since I think the GB + Ireland map has existed since Recorder 2000.

Best Wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT