Re: Check on hover?

If this isn't a bug it should be...

Get a few Taxon occurences up and expand the hierachy. Select an occurence. Select another, but whilst the data is still loading move the cursor so your hovering over the "checked" check box of the occurence your selecting - the check box checks/unchecks without any other user interaction.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Thanks Charlie, I'll check this one out too.

cheers,
Lynn

Charlie I can't reproduce this. Presumably you are in the observation hierarchy and you are expanding the hierarchy by clicking on the plus signs next the surveys/events etc. My occurrence details load quickly - perhaps this only occurs when you have a lot of data in the system - how many records does you hold in Recorder?

Thanks,
Lynn

Yeah - with over 400,000 records.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

This is still a issue for me, even more so over slow VPN! See attached animation. I imagine it's also a problem for when there isn't a (noticeable) delay but you happen to just pass the mouse over the check box at just the right time.

Post's attachments

recording.zip 64.16 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

This also works the other way - if you attempt to check the box, then move away before the occurrence details have loaded, then the box doesn't get checked. It looks like the location of the 'click' is taken after the occurrence details have loaded. Not sure how to deal with this, but I'm going to stop using the checked status for any meaningful.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer