Topic: Report wizard not returning mink records

Using the report wizard to return all records of American Mink seems to be broken for me.

If I search using American Mink from the MAMMALS or Recorder 3 list, I get no records returned. If I search using Neovison vison from the list of additional names I get those entered using that taxon, but no others.

I've rebuilt the indices to no effect.

If I do a "all taxa from list" using the MAMMALS list, I do get records returned.

Is anyone else having problems with mink ?!

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Report wizard not returning mink records

Oh, and it just seems to be mink, at least everything else I've checked seems okay.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

I can't see anything obviously wrong with the American Mink as far as the dictionary is concerned. This may simply mean that there is a more obscure problem somewhere and I will need to dig a bit deeper.

Mike Weideli

4 (edited by kbalmer 18-01-2017 13:32:43)

I've just tried searching for both American Mink and Mustela vison using both the MAMMALIA and Recorder 3.3 checklists, and also Neovison vison on the List of addditional names. (5 searches in total). All gave the same total of 306 records, so it's not obviously a problem on our database. (Version AG. Dictionary 3T.  6.25.1.284).

Regards, Keith

5 (edited by charliebarnes 18-01-2017 13:40:34)

Thanks Keith - I forgot to add we're on AW/3T.

I've now deduced that unticking "expand taxonomic groups" gives me back some records, so I'll have a play with other species to see if it's a one off or not.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

SQL in the form of

INNER JOIN Taxon_Determination TD ON TOCC.Taxon_Occurrence_Key = TD.Taxon_Occurrence_Key AND TD.Preferred = 1
INNER JOIN Index_Taxon_Name ITN ON TD.Taxon_List_Item_Key = ITN.Taxon_List_Item_Key
INNER JOIN Index_Taxon_Name ITNr ON ITN.Recommended_Taxon_List_item_key = ITNr.Taxon_List_Item_key AND ITNr.System_Supplied_Data = 1
INNER JOIN Taxon_List_Item TLI ON ITNr.Taxon_List_Item_Key = TLI.Taxon_List_Item_Key

WHERE ITNr.Taxon_List_Item_Key = 'NHMSYS0020774249'

appears to be bringing back records from across all checklists we've used (MAMMALS, Recorder 3, LoAN)

All mink records appear to be displayed when using the report St03.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

This is also affecting Rosa canina agg. when selected from the Recorder 3 list. Ticking "expand taxonomic groups" brings back zero records; unticking "expand taxonomic groups" beings back records (although I don't know if it's all of them).

I understand the warning when using "expand taxonomic groups" but I don't believe it's ever caused this before? Even with it ticked it should still return the specific taxon?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Just to confirm you do have the Option 'Use translation to Full Term' ticked ?  There have been no intended changes to the way this works, but some other change could have had an unexpected  knock on effect. From the tests you have run your dictionary seems Ok, so the next step is for me to try and duplicate the problem.

Mike Weideli

Mike - thank-you, you have saved from my myself.

I did indeed have the "use translation to full term" unticked; why I don't know - I have never knowingly unticked it. Please feel free to remove any messages pertaining to this!!

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer