1 (edited by Purgle Linham 26-08-2016 13:56:23)

Topic: XML report error in v6.25

Hi
So since upgrading to 6.25 and restoring our report files which were removed in the process, we're now getting the attached error with a report which is based on Mike's  'QUICK REPORT - From Polygon on Map' report. I can send you the report separately - its seems you can only add one file per message on here.

Thanks

Post's attachments

PolygonReportError.JPG 97.37 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Purgle Linham
Wiltshire & Swindon Biological Records Centre

Re: XML report error in v6.25

I think a field length must have changed. Probably the sort code. If you email  me the file by I will fix.

Mike Weideli

Thanks Mike, will do.

Purgle Linham

Hi, I've also had a new XML report error since upgrading to v6.25. It relates to the detailed species list (Sxbrc Detailed Species List ) which now states "there is an error in te SQL code. The error message is: 'String or binary data would be truncated'. I used to get this error following one of the previous upgrades but it got resolved follwoign another upgrade but has sadly reappeared after the latest upgrade. Is it easy to find which field name is being truncated and can the character length in the field be easily increased to resolve it? or is it not as simple as that?

Many thanks
Phil

Yorkshire Wildlife Trust

Phillip Whelpdale
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust

Hi Phil
The error for us was that 'Sort_Order VARCHAR(30)' needs to be 'Sort_Order VARCHAR(36)'. It works fine now (bar a few odd bits such as taxonomic order changing)

Looking at that SxBRC report it has the above as 30 so try changing it to 36 characters and hopefully it will run ok.

Purgle

Purgle Linham

Ah brilliant, Thanks Purgle. I'll give that a try.

Many thanks

Phillip Whelpdale
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust