Topic: Lost backup file

Hi all,

We recently transferred our Recorder 6 networked database to a new server, and since then i have been unable to find the database backup file. Usually it is stored on the C drive and called "NBNData.bak", but i have searched here, and the whole network and been unable to find it. Going to "Tools – Database Tools – View or Change Backup Location" takes me to the C drive, which does not have the file (and also brings up an error message saying i can't move the backup location.) Am i unable to see the file for some reason? I am a system administrator, so should be able to access it!

thanks

Re: Lost backup file

Can you actually run a new backup ?

Mike Weideli

I can run the backup fine, just not find the file....

The fact that it does run suggests that the folder it is in is there, but hidden from you or you do not have access.     

On  network installation set up puts it with the SQL Server instance (somewhere like   

Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.MSSQL2008DEV\MSSQL\Backup\NBNData_Backup.bak)

If not you  may need Management Studio to find where the file is and to change the backup location to somewhere convenient to you.

http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=6123 explains how to access the and change the backup location through Management Studio.

Mike Weideli