Topic: Gateway down?

No access at all this morning.
Apologies if I missed an announcement, but it is unusual for the site to be down completely.

If it can be fixed asp on Monday, it would be appreciated

Many thanks

Christine
Outer Hebrides Biological Recording

Re: Gateway down?

Hello Christine

The servers that host the NBN Gateway in Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Lancaster have been down over the weekend. Given the affects of the heavy rain in the North West England it doesn't look like the servers will be up and running again today. (see http://www.ceh.ac.uk/news-and-media/new … 7-december)

Best wishes
Graham

Hello Graham,
Thank you for the up-date, I hope it isn't as serious as it sounds!
The site seems to be have been functioning intermittently all day, but the wobbles might be due to the gale rocking my satellite dish.
The efforts made to get the system working again are appreciated.
Thank you

Christine

Could we have updates to this kind of outage posted as a priority to status.nbn.org.uk as I presume Service Status of the Gateway is what this site is for? Currently it says in big letters "NBN Gateway Back Online" which isn't exactly what I'm seeing connecting to data.nbn.org.uk
Any idea when it might be back?
Best wishes for getting it fixed.
David

David Hepper
Records Officer, British Dragonfly Society

For those that use it the NBNTrust Twitter feed seems to be kept relatively up to date with technical problems.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Some of us don't trust Twitter or Facebook but if the official status site is no longer going to show the Gateway's status it should be shut down with a redirect page to Tw. Otherwise it just looks unprofessional.

David Hepper

The NBN site seems to have been down since yesterday (28/01/2016 18:45) but Twitter has nothing about it and status.nbn.org.uk hasn't been updated for months. Is anyone there?

David Hepper

Hi David,

I was using it most of yesterday and it seems to be up at the moment. Seems fine?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Hello David

There does seem to have been an issue with the NBN Gateway yesterday evening, it has been restarted this morning and is working OK now.

Best wishes

Graham

I am not getting anywhere just now, except the Server Error page.

M.

And still out just now.

M.

The NBN Gateway is currently down and the NBN Gateway developer is currently looking into it and will be restored as soon as possible.

Best wishes

Graham

I am now able to get to the Gateway and apparently do searches etc., but when I try to go to my account I get the Server Error again.

I am trying to prepare an end-of-year report, and today the only thing I want to see is my account stats etc.

When will that be restored?

M.

The NBN Gateway has been restored and should be working OK now. Sorry for any inconvenience this downtime has caused.

Best wishes

Graham