Topic: Public visibility

I have been checking the Interactive map in relation to some other work and have noticed that MBB records are not being displayed when a user is not logged in. MBB data is restricted to Tetrad but should still be visible at that resolution to public (un-logged in) users.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Re: Public visibility

Hi, could you let us know what datasets are affected here so I can try and take a look at what is going wrong, if its just a permissions issue then we should be able to fix that for you pretty quickly.

Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

Cheers Matt, i half suspect that this may just be the normal behavior of the Gateway for datasets that do not allow full public access but really i would like all users to be able to access the data we hold to Tetrad, and up till now that's how i thought it worked.

As an example;

Pull up an interactive map of Passer domesticus as both a logged in user and an anonymous user.

Just South of Formby, Sefton. Tetrad SD20X holds a single six figure record (SD295054) held by us.

If you view the interactive map as an anonymous user then there appear to be no records for this Tetrad, our public level is Tetrad so i thought it should still be displayed? BTO Hectad records are still displayed, though perhaps this is because that is the level at which they have been supplied?

Hi, Are you being caught up with zooming close onto the interactive map? if you click on the properties for each layer you can lock the view to 2km, etc... rather than automatically changing depending on zoom level, this would explain this behaviour as the datasets are visible at 2km to the public and zooming in fairly close to the site would push the layer to try and show records at 1km and then 100m, which would explain it showing up for a logged in user and not a public user (assuming the logged in user has permissions to view the records at a higher resolution).

Hope that rambling made some sense, if that's not the case then let me know and I can have another look, as I can get the record to show up on my end by locking the layer to 2km rather than auto.

Matt

Matt Debont
Application Developer
Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Monkstone House, City Road, Peterborough PE1 1JY, UK

Hi Matt, Cheers for looking into it.
I'll have another go, it may be i have just lost my ability to tell Monads and Tetrads apart!