Topic: Gateway down?

data.nbn.org.uk veerrryyy slow this morning.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Gateway down?

Yes - again.  I was getting a timeout on trying .../Taxa, so I went and had a coffee, did the Killer Sudoku, and when I got back it was working.  However, I could have done without the delay, and this is happening far too often these days.

M.

And this morning - working at 10, leave my desk for an hour, and now timing out.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Not just you, Charlie. This is becoming more than just tiresome.  IT staff please read http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php? … 14#p24314.

M.

"This site can’t be reached

data.nbn.org.uk took too long to respond.
ERR_TIMED_OUT"

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Unable to log in again.
However, I actually managed to process some access requests yesterday. It was the first time that had worked in weeks! Could someone please tell us what is the problem, and what is being done about it?
Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

This is really not acceptable. I am not able to access the Gateway again just now. No error page, just 'data.nbn.org.uk took too long to respond'.

I would like to know the answer to the question Janet posed on Saturday - especially 'what is being done about it?'.

M.

Are we on? Having trouble logging in this morning (from the office and also other sites, trying different logins) and the taxon search is very slow. Got some uni students who wanted to download some data for mapping dissertation. Any ideas on when we might be back up?

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast

Lights on but no one home - timing out on log on for me but non-logged in access seems okay, if a little slow.

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Experiencing the same thing here via the website and web services.

Natural History & Biodiversity Data Enthusiast