1 (edited by Stuart 21-12-2012 11:13:07)

Topic: New version of NBN Exchange export addin

The addin to export records from Recorder 6 in a format suitable for submission to the NBN Gateway has been updated. It can be downloaded from JNCC's Recorder 6 addin page.

There are two changes:

• A bug in the SQL Server user defined function that outputs vague dates to a text string has been fixed. The bug led to dates from March onwards in leap years being one day out.

• Recorder and Determiner names are truncated to 140 characters (instead of 255 characters previously). This is because these items are stored in fields of this shorter length on the Gateway database.

Please note that (as documented in the ReadMe.txt file supplied with the addin) it is necessary to uninstall the previous version of the addin, restart Recorder 6 and then install the new version. This will ensure that the functions and stored procedures it uses are re-applied to the SQL Server database so that the new version of the date function gets loaded properly.

According to the ReadMe file, the addin works with Recorder version 6.13 or later. The update was developed on the latest version (6.17.2) and. in addition, has been tested on version 6.15.

2 (edited by Janet Simkin 24-12-2012 09:53:07)

Re: New version of NBN Exchange export addin

I tried to install this, following the instructions (deinstall and delete old version, restart recorder, login with admin priveleges) but got the following error:

Version: 6.17.1.250
Date: 23/12/2012 16:35:31

The following addins could not be loaded for the specified reasons:
    NBNExchange.NBN Exchange Format: Stack overflow

The same error was coming up every time I started R6 so I have now deinstalled it.

Janet

Janet Simkin
British Lichen Society

Having very similar problems but no idea who supports this addin.

http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=16074

Mike Beard
Natural Course Project Officer
Greater Manchester Local Records Centre

I have contacted JNCC for assistance:

John Morris wrote:

JNCC no longer deal with Recorder/NBN issues as this has now been taken over by the registered Resellers. In this instance I would suggest you refer the problem to either Mike Weideli or Sally Rankin.

Mike Beard

This is true for Recorder itself but not for the add-ins that were written by JNCC. I think those were written by Stuart Ball and we don’t have access to the source code so we can’t do anything about problems with them. Stuart has been asked to look into this problem.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

Hi, just wondered if there had been any progress with this?  Is there an ETA for a fixed version?  Could the old version be made available again?

Thanks.

Mike Beard

The old version is in the Recorder 6 installation files which can be downloaded from www.Recorder6.info/Standalone.zip or www.Recorder6.info/Network.zip. You will find it in the Extra Addins folder. I have asked JNCC for an update.

Sally Rankin, JNCC Recorder Approved Expert
E-mail: s.rankin@btinternet.com
Telephone: 01491 578633
Mobile: 07941 207687

Great, thanks Sally.

Mike Beard

Sorry to chase but have JNCC responded?

Mike Beard

Thank you for the phone call Sally.  We are going to try to install the previous version that you have provided above.

Mike Beard