Re: Drupal Integration

I have followed the Drupal Integration example and it 'nearly works' when I open the window, I get the following two errors, which appear to be problems accessing GoogleMaps - the page then does display a Bing map, but not sure if this is from Google or Multimap. I have set up both GoogleMap API and MultiMap API:

Error messages:

Requested preset layer google-physical is not recognised

Requested preset layer google_satellite is not recognised

Anyone got a solution?

Craig Slawson
Staffordshire Ecological Record

Hi Craig
It does sound like there is a problem in the google api key in some shape or form.  The example code in that tutorial used an older technique of calling the data entry helper code which gives less control over the map. I've updated it now (see http://code.google.com/p/indicia/wiki/T … ntegration. If you copy this new code across and see what happens - then it should definitely only use virtual earth to get you up and running. If that works then you can try adding 'google_satellite' to the list of layers to see how you get on.

Best wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

3 (edited by ser 16-12-2009 11:03:57)

Hi John,

Cheers, that has solved the problem and successfully displays the Satellite image - I now need to look at customising the map image - I assume the instructions for this are somewhere in the Indicia documentation, I'll have a hunt!

I have noticed the Taxon selector in the new version doesn't produce a drop-down list to select the species anymore, but I didn't keep the original PHP, so cannot check what you have changed in that panel. The search for a place name has also disappeared!

Edit>> I've just tried to use the demo map on the "Map Helper test" and this falls over with the same error message I was getting, so it does appear to be linked to the Indicia module rather than my implementation or the Drupal environment.

Craig Slawson

Hi Craig

The code on this tutorial isn't really the point - it's just an example to show that Drupal integration with your own custom forms works. Hence the updated example is not necessarily the same as the old one. You  can add back in the location search with the following code if you want:

echo data_entry_helper::georeference_lookup(array(
    'label'=>'Search for place'
));

Not sure what you mean by the Map helper test - where did you find this? I am wondering if this is something out of date as it is not one of the current demo pages.

Best wishes

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

The 'Map Helper test' is access from the main Indicia website via "Adding a custom attribute to your data entry page" there is a link to:
http://testwarehouse.indicia.org.uk/modules/demo/index.php

And in the section on 'Map Demonstrations' clicking on the title bar of "Default Map" opens a page which reports the same two Google errors I was getting

Craig

P.S. Thanks regarding the search for locality field - I've found the documentation on this and had already added it to the page

Craig Slawson